Our Lord made every women beautiful

She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 3:15

Thursday, April 5, 2012

March Julep Maven Box

**Live footage of the box is available on my channel and below; I will also post a video of my allergic reaction at the bottom of this blog post**








Available at: HERE


Box: March Bombshell


Price: $20


Overall Box Value: $52


Packaging: Julep is still offering their reduced sized black box, but this month's goodies was wrapped in a pretty purple paper bag for spring!


Items Received:
-2 Nail Polishes in Sofia (a sheer cream green with blue glitter) and Natasha (a orange cream perfect for tootsies!). Both are valued at $14 a piece.
-1 Julep Maven Emory Board/Nail File (free perk, not offered on the site)
-1 Bottle of Julep's newest salon treatment, "Julep Elixer". An Organic Morrocan Argan oil for hands, face, and hair.


Liked: 
I loved the nail file! (I collect nail files.. hehe) It's simple and black, but I don't mind.


I also loved the polish! Julep is already busting out shades for spring and I will be ready this season with these shades!


Disliked: 
Every time I review a Maven box, I have only good things to say about it. Except this time! The sole item I have to complain about this month is the Elixer. I was extremely excited to try this out because I LOVE argan oil products and use them all the time!! However; I was disappointed in this becuase:
1. It didn't smell like anything
2. I did not notice an improvement of my skin when using this (I didn't try it on my hair)
3. It caused a horrible allergic reaction on my face that landed me in the ER!


I have no idea why that happened, I've used argan oil before with no complaints. Julep's Elixer even states that it is anti-inflamitory, hypo-allergenic, and non-irritating. I wanted this to work for me so badly, but the doctor said to steer clear from it. 


Did anyone else have trouble with the elixer this month? Even though I had that mis-hap, it didn't take away from the over all value of the box for me. This is the first time I've ever disliked a Julep product. I do not plan on canceling my subscription, I will just have to be a bit more careful!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!