Our Lord made every women beautiful

She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 3:15

Friday, September 30, 2011

Wet n Wild Fast Dry Nail Color

I have fallen in love lately with changing up my polish at least every 2 weeks!
For the last few weeks I wore this Wet n Wild polish in The Gold and The Beautiful.
When I was looking through all the polishes at my drugstore, this one really caught my eye and it was only $2 I believe so I grabbed it.
However, this polish only looks great in the bottle, and it takes a lot of work for it to look decent on the nails.
It has finely milled glitter particles that do not show up that great on the nails.
Even with three coats on its own, it looked like clear with very little glitter in it and I wanted it to look just like the bottle! I don't have any gold polish, so I had to use another color as a base.
I used a white polish underneath, and topped it with four, yes that many, coats of this glitter.
It took FOREVER for each coat to dry. I'm not exagerating when I say I spent about an hour and a half working on this! And in the end, it still really didn't look that good.
My opinion? For two bucks, buy some gold polish to use as a base, that way you won't have to use as many coats. If that doesn't sound like something you would be willing to do, skip this polish. When it came time to take it off, I found this actually removed pretty easily considering it is a glitter polish.
I don't recommend this to everyone! But best of luck to those who try it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!