Our Lord made every women beautiful

She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 3:15

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sephora's Allure Beauty Editor's Palette

Click to enlarge
This is the second item on my Sephora haul and its another "Traveler's" palette (A palette for on the go!). I had a lot of questions as to why I bought two traveler palettes.
Here's why: The Colorista palette allowed me to pick any shades I wanted for the smaller palette. But sometimes, I took so much time trying to pick and choose colors that it defyed thepurpose of even buying the palette at all; to spend less time at home finicking over my makeup at home! So, I bought the Allure Beauty Editor's Palette by Sephora because it includes 5 already assembled mini palettes in one! When I am really in a hurry, I jsut pick one and go!

Here are the details:

Available at: Sephora

Price: I purchased mine for $54; last I heard it was only $17! :D

Details: 5 mini makeup palettes set into one large container/case. Each palette offers a different look. All the palettes contain 6 shadows, 1 blush, and 1 lip gloss. The palettes pop out of the case and can be put in the mini-compact for on-the-go use.

Compact for mini-palettes.
The hole is to pop the palette out.
Includes a nice mirror and peep-pocket for lip gloss to show through.
Click to enlarge
Packaging: Large shiney, plastic case. Has the Sephora logo on the front. Windows allow you to peek through to the palettes.

Removing from the encasing and inserting into mini compact
Click to enlarge
Pros: These shadows are so beautiful, they have great color payoff and I am very satisfied with them. There is a nice mix of matte and shimmer shades. The blushes are gorgeous and have amazing pigmentation; all the blushes are matte (yay!). The large case/container that this comes in is sturdy. The palettes pop out easily, but not too easily (they will not be falling out every few minutes). I like that I don't need a stylus/pick to remove the palettes like in the Colorista palette. The colors apply with minimal effort, just tap your brush into them and you have enough product! The lip glosses--Oh my goodness, I love them! They have the look and feel of a gloss but the color of a rich lipstick! And they last a good while. The blush and shadows last me a full work/school day with a primer or some sort.

"Beauty 101"
Neutral glam for those just beginning
Soft taupes and warm cheeks
Click to enlarge

"Sparkles Fly"
Sultry evening look
Berry red gloss and a warm sunkissed cheek
Click to enlarge
Cons: The shadows are the slightest bit too soft. One of the shadows is matte black and I accidently dropped it on the floor in my bedroom; it chipped a little and left tons of fall out on my white carpet! (anyone know how to get that out?). So handle these carefully. Other than that, I have no complaints about this palette! Except that I bought it when it was still full price LOL!
"Color Theory"
Pop of color!
Nude gloss and blush to tone down the bright eyes
Click to enlarge


"All Fun No Sun"
Bronze with a pop of purple!
Rosey pink gloss and a warm blush
Click to enlarge

Would I buy this again / Recommend to a friend: YES! Absolutely; I am rarely so completely satisfied with a product but this one has earned its high marks! It makes for a great gift and looks pretty sitting attop a vanity :)

"Where There's Smoke"
Smokey evening look
Mauve cheek and a classic red lip
Click to enlarge

Did you ladies love this palette? Do you like the idea of a "on-the-go" palette? Or do you already have something like this? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!