Our Lord made every women beautiful

She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 3:15

Friday, December 9, 2011

First FOTD December 8th, 2011

Hey everyone! As promised, here is the first FOTD post. Enjoy!



Bright eyed!
Click to enlarge

 This was a school day for me so I wanted to keep it simple (Im sure you tell by my *throw on a sweater!* attitude!).
Some people believe that a smokey look is too dark for daytime wear. I agree, sometimes this is way too harsh. However, I hardly ever wear a gray/black smokey eye and I felt the shades used were not too intense.

I have included a mini* tutorial of sorts on how to get this eyeshadow look.


My daytime smokey look.
I hate the way my lashes grew back
 after my run-in with the ELF lash curler!
 The lipstain I used was supposed to be a soft nude-y pink, but my lips already have a darker undertone so this looks a little darker on me than I would have liked.

I hope you enjoy the look!


Products used

Skincare:
-Clean and Clear persa-gel 10 on any blemishes
-Burt's Bees Radiance eye cream
-Burt's Bees Radiance serum
-Loreal Youth Code serum
-Shaklee Enfuselle moisturizer

Face:
-ELF mineral primer
-Boscia BB Cream SPF 27 PA++
-ELF HD face powder
-Revlon bronzer in Sunkissed Bronze
-Blush~Allure Beauty Editor Palette: Where There's Smoke

Brows:
-Sephora Colorista Palette


Allure Beauty Editor Palette
Where There's Smoke
 Eyes:
-Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer
-Benefit Cream Shadow in RSVP as base
-Allure Beauty Editor Pallete: Where There's Smoke
  • Using a fluffy brush, sweep shade 6 over entire lid as a wash
  • Take shade 5 and using a large fluffy shader brush, pack this on the inner 3rd of the lid
  • Taking a medium shadow brush, pack shade 2 over the rest of the lid, concentrating on the outer corner
  • Using a flat stiff shader brush, pack shade 4 into the outer V and pull the shade up into the crease
  • BLEND with a large fluffy dome shadow brush
  • Take shade 6 again with a clean fluffy brush and sweep over brow bone as a highlight
  • Using a small detail shadow brush, smudge shade 4 into the lower lashline and blend with a Qtip
  • Take an angled liner brush and moisten it with a wet cosmetic sponge. Tap brush into shade 1 and line the upper lashline. Do not run the brush over your lashline like you would a cream liner. Instead use the brush to gently pat the liner over your lashline.
  • ALL DONE!

Lashes:
-Curl
-Maybeline Pulse Perfection mascara (1 coat as base)
-Loreal Volumous Carbon Black mascara (1 coat)

Lips:
-EOS in Lemon Drop
-Revlon Just Bitten in Mystical


Stay Lovely!
Monique :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!